- Create, Travel, Explore & Enjoy!: Spend a week with artists, art educators, and creatives exploring Italy! Visit iconic sites of ancient and modern art and architecture with art making and creative activities each day. Our path weaves through seaside villages in southern Italy, including the island of Capri and ancient excavations in Pompeii, an action-packed visit to Rome, followed by a leisurely exploration of Florence. Earn 30+ hours professional development with Art Education specialist Dr. Lucy Bartholomee and creative entrepreneur and artist Lindsay Whittenberg. Come and make art with us!
Featured in this video
Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, St. Mark’s Square, St. Peter’s Basilica, Colosseum, Florence Duomo, Doge’s Palace, Sorrento, Mozzarella Farm Demonstration and Tasting, Pompeii, Mt. Vesuvius, Venice, Grand Canal, Accademia, Pizza Making Lesson and Dinner(some places shown in this video may not be included on your tour)
What You'll Learn
- Independence: Take charge of yourself and your schedule as you gain the courage to navigate new destinations, test your language skills in real-world situations, and manage your time and money.
- Flexibility: Develop skills to adapt and acclimate as you step outside your comfort zone, experiencing the cultural adjustments that come with new places, new foods, dynamic schedules and the wonderful idiosyncrasies of travel.
- Teamwork: Learn respect, communication and collaboration—new settings and shared activities allow you to gain confidence at working together with both familiar faces and new acquaintances.
- Art history lectures on site, 1-3 hours per day
- Museums, artwork, and historical sites from the ancient Roman era, middle ages, and modern day
- Inspiring Educator Professional Develolpment
- Creative encounters and art making workshops